SBI CBO Recruitment 2022: Circle Based Officer 1422 Post
- No. of posts: 1422
- Name of posts: Circle Based Officer
- Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government including Integrated Dual Degree (IDD). Candidates possessing qualifications such as Medical, Engineering, Chartered Accountant, Cost Accountant would also be eligible.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience (Post Essential Academic Qualification Experience) as on 30.09.2022 as an officer in any Scheduled Commercial Bank or any Regional Rural Bank as listed in Second Schedule of Reserve Bank of India.
- Not below 21 years and Not above 30 years as on 30.09.2022 i.e. candidates must have been born not later than 30.09.2001 and not earlier than 01.10.1992 (both days inclusive).
Application Fee (Non-Refundable):
- Application Fee will be Rs. 750/- for General/ EWS/ OBC candidates and ‘Nil’ for SC/ ST/ PwBD candidates. Application Fee once paid will NOT be refunded on any account nor can it be held in reserve for any other examination or selection.
- The selection process consists of Online Test, Screening and Interview.
- Online Examination: The online exam will consist of Objective Tests for 120 marks and Descriptive Tests for 50 marks.
- Screening: Online applications and documents of candidates, who are shortlisted based on performance in online examination, will be placed before the Screening Committee.
- Interview: The interview will be for 50 marks.
How to Apply
- Interested and Eligible Candidates can apply online by below mentioned link.
- Candidates may apply online by visiting the official SBI website www.sbi.co.in
- Click ->Careers ->Current Openings.
- New Applicants -> Click here for New Registration.
- Register using their active email id and mobile number.
- After registering, log in using their registration number and password.
- Registered Applicants -> Login Directly.
- Candidates should fill in all the details asked in the application form correctly as no correction is allowed after submitting the form.
- Candidates must also upload a scanned copy of their photograph, signature, thumb impression and handwritten declaration in the prescribed format.
- Submit the application.
- Candidates must pay their application fee online.
- Print the Application form for future reference.
- Advertisement No.: CRPD/ CBO/ 2022-23/22
- SBI CBO Notification Released Date: 17 October 2022.
- Starting Date for Submission of Apply Online: 18 October 2022.
- Last Date for Submission of Apply Online: 7 November 2022.
- SBI CBO Exam Date Out: 4 December 2022.
- SBI Bank CBO Admit Card: Before Exam.
SBI CBO Vacancy 2022
State Bank of India has announced 1422 Circle Based Officer vacancies through the SBI CBO Notification 2022, out of which 1400 are regular vacancies and the remaining 22 are backlog vacancies. Check the complete vacancy distribution for the SBI CBO recruitment 2022 exam from the table given below:
|SBI CBO Vacancy 2022 (Regular )|
|North Eastern||Assam/ Arunachal Pradesh/|
Mizoram/ Nagaland/ Tripura
|West Bengal||West Bengal/|
Sikkim/ A & N Islands
|SBI CBO Vacancy 2022 (Backlog )|
SBI CBO 2022 Application Online
SBI has started accepting online applications for Circle Based Officer vacancies from 18th October 2022 onwards and the registration process will be carried out till 7th November 2022. The candidates who are eligible and interested can apply for the Circle Based Officer 2022 exam through the official site of SBI at www.sbi.co.in or from the direct link below which is provided for easy access. Click on the link mentioned below to apply online for SBI CBO 2022 exam and apply now without waiting for the last date.
Points to know before applying online
- The candidate will have to apply for a vacancy in one State only. A candidate applying against a vacancy in one State will not be eligible to apply against a vacancy of any other State.
- Candidature of the applicant will be considered only against the vacancies in the State for which he/ she has applied/ opted. Merit list will be drawn State wise, category-wise.
- Selected candidates will be posted in the Circle of that State against whose vacancy they are selected.
- The selected candidates will not be entitled to inner-circle transfer up to his/ her promotion to SMGS-IV Grade OR 12 years of service, whichever is later.
SBI CBO 2022 Exam Pattern
The total time duration for SBI CBO Online test is 2 hours and 30 minutes. Check the section-wise exam pattern for the online examination below. Check the updated SBI CBO Exam Pattern 2022 described here.
SBI CBO Test A: Objective Test (Online)
|Name of Test||No of Questions||Max Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||30 mins|
|Banking Knowledge||40||40||40 mins|
|General Awareness/Economy||30||30||30 mins|
|Computer Aptitude||20||20||20 mins|
SBI CBO Test B: Descriptive Test (Online)- 30 minutes
|B. Name of Test (Descriptive Test)||No of Questions||Max Marks||Duration|
|Letter Writing||1||25||30 mins|
|Essay-250 words on banking related||1||25|
Penalty for Wrong Answers:
There will be no penalty for wrong answers marked in Objective Tests. If a question is left blank, i.e. if no answer is marked by the candidate, there will be no penalty for that question too.
SBI CBO 2022 Syllabus
The subject-wise syllabus for SBI Circle-Based Officer has been tabulated below for your reference. If you are planning to begin with the preparation for SBI CBO 2022 Exam, then do not skip any topic from the below table-
|Reasoning Ability||English Language||Quantitative Aptitude||General Awareness and Computer Knowledge|
SBI CBO Salary 2022
As per the official SBI CBO Notification 2022, the initial salary of a “Circle Based Officers” (CBOs) will be in the scale of JMGS-I (36000-1490/7-46430-1740/2- 49910-1990/7-63840), at the start of the scale i.e. Rs. 36,000/- plus one increment for each completed year of service rendered in officer cadre in the Scheduled Commercial Bank and Regional Rural Bank, as on 30.09.2022.
The official will also be eligible for D.A, H.R.A/ Lease rental, C.C.A, Medical and other allowances & perquisites as per rules in force from time to time.
SBI CBO Career Path
After joining, the selected candidates will be designated as “Circle Based Officers” (CBOs) and will be on probation for a period of 6 months.
The CBOs will be subjected to continuous assessment during the probation period for judging their suitability for confirmation. The candidates who qualify in their assessment as per standards determined by the Bank from time to time will be confirmed in the service of the Bank in Junior Management Grade Scale-I (JMGS-I). If any candidate fails to achieve the minimum standards stipulated, his/ her services may be terminated as per the policy of the Bank in force at the material time.
The selected officers will be in the general cadre and will be governed by the promotion policy applicable for Bank’s general cadre officers. The selected candidates will not be entitled to inner-circle transfer up to his/ her promotion to SMGS-IV Grade OR 12 years of service, whichever is later.
SBI CBO Admit Card 2022
State Bank of India has announced that the online test will be held in January 2022 and the call letter for the same has been issued on 12th January 2022. The candidates have to carry a hard copy of their SBI CBO Admit Card to the exam hall which can be downloaded only from the official website of SBI @sbi.co.in.
SBI CBO 2022 Result
As the SBI CBO 2022 Exam is over, the State Bank of India will announce the roll numbers of the candidates who are qualified for the next phase of the selection process. The SBI CBO Result will be published on the official website & candidates can check their results from there only. No SMS or mail will be sent to the candidates in regard to their qualifying status.
SBI CBO 2022: FAQs
Q1. When did the official notification for SBI Circle Based Officer released?
Ans. The State Bank of India has published the official notification of SBI Circle Based Officer 2022 exam on 17th October 2022.
Q2. What is SBI CBO Exam Date 2022?
Ans. The Online examination for SBI Circle Based Officer (CBO) will be conducted on 04th December 2022.
Q3. What is the eligibility criteria of SBI Circle Based Officer (CBO) 2022 exam?
Ans. A candidate having graduation degree from any recognized university or its equivalent and have minimum 2 years’ experience as an officer in any Scheduled Commercial Bank or any Regional Rural Bank.
Q4. What is the last date to apply online for SBI CBO 2022 exam?